The heroines of animated films have captured the hearts of young girls for ages. We may grow up, but their magic stays with us! And surely we all, at one point or another, played at being them, dressing ourselves up in poofy gowns and giving ourselves regal airs. But which of these lovely ladies do you most resemble? Post your pictures here and find out!
New Members 1. You must join to post. Effective 7 April 2008: You also must vote on at least three other applications before your own will be accepted.
2. No anonymous commenting or posting.
3. Please post the survey found below; pictures are encouraged ('cause they're fun!) but not mandatory. LJ-cuts are mandatory. I will reject your submission if there is no lj-cut. I also highly recommend not using the Rich Text method of posting, as the html has a distinct tendency to go screwy.
4. In the subject line of your entry post, please put "I am a beauty". This is so I know you've read the rules. I will reject your submission if this is not done.
5. No excessive PhotoShopping. Removing red-eye is one thing, morphing your features entirely is quite another. Your pictures also must be large enough that we can see you, and clear enough that we know you're a person and not an enormous amoeba.
6. If you would like to dress up, you may. At least one "normal" picture would be appreciated, but you may post as many of you in pretties as you like in addition.
7. If anyone pointed you in our direction, please credit them in your entry post so that I may thank our promoters.
8. You will have at least three days to garner votes. After that, you will be stamped with the ladies most prevalent in the votes. If after three days, you do not have at least 10 votes, or 8 or 9 showing a clear majority, the application will be left open until you do.
9. Do not mention your favourite animated movie or character anywhere in the app. This is a form of 'pushing', and I don't care for it. And yes, Enchanted counts as an animated movie. Also, do not say, "(Does Movie X count? I guess so! Here are three others!)" By mentioning that you're not going to mention it, you have mentioned it. This is called occultatio, and I will not take kindly to it.
10. On screening votes -- if you want to screen all votes on your entry, that's your own call. Some people think that makes the voting more honest; I disagree, and have found that it tends to discourage voting altogether, but I leave it to your discretion if that's what you want. But, don't just screen certain votes because they aren't what you're gunning for. It makes you, frankly, a tool. And it doesn't do you any good, because I still see them, and I will unscreen them out of sheer irritation. If you only want a particular stamp that you have in your head, why are you applying?
11. Have fun!
Stamped Members 1. To vote on new applicants, pick a lady or two from the list below. Bolding your vote makes things easier on your mod. (If you don't know how to bold, read the FAQ). Please try to stick to the list -- if you feel someone strongly resembles a lady not listed, feel free to tell them so, but also try to vote one from the list. I'm only going to create new stamps sporadically, and it isn't really fair to the person you're voting on if you're not voting a stamp that I have.
2. If you can, please give an explanation! They don't have to be elaborate, but enough to give the person a clue. You also don't have to adhere on looks alone -- think about the vibe, the attitude, the spirit, not just the hair colour. ;)
3. No nastiness or flaming or otherwise aggravating the mod, or the wrath of the mod will come down on you. And believe me, I can be a lot meaner than you can when so provoked, so don't test me.
4. At the moment, this community is primarily ladies-only, as I feel its appeal is generally directed to them. Should, however, a gentleman show interest in being stamped, he's more than welcome to find out what lady he is. ;) I also have a cache of hero stamps from our hero theme, which I am happy to whip out for any gentleman applicants who would wish it.
5. Please put the word "stamped" somewhere in the title line of any entries following your introductory post. This helps keep me organised.
6. If you're responding to a theme, please put the designated theme marker in the title line, for the same reason.
7. Promotions -- Now, as an avid promoter myself, I have no problem with you promoting your own communities here. I would like to ask that they be kept "on topic" -- either other rating communities or other communities dealing with animated films. I will only speak to you about how often you're promoting if it becomes a problem; use good sense. And, if you promote a community here, I would like to ask also that you promote this one in return.
Covenant I, the mod, promise to be as helpful and responsive as is possible. I will do my absolute best to get you stamped in an expedient manner. I will do everything in my power to make sure that trolls and flamers stay out of the community, so that it is a pleasant place of exchange.
In return, you, the members, will follow the rules, play nicely, and not whinge if I'm a tad behind in posts or stamps.
Alice (Alice in Wonderland) -- a curious beauty Amalthea (The Last Unicorn) -- a melancholy beauty Amelia (Treasure Planet) -- a resourceful beauty Anya (Anastasia) -- a determined beauty Ariel (The Little Mermaid) -- a playful beauty Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) -- a serene beauty Belle (Beauty and the Beast) -- a compassionate beauty Chel (The Road to El Dorado) -- a brazen beauty Cinderella (Cinderella) -- a gentle beauty Crysta (Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest) -- a spunky beauty Eilowny (The Black Cauldron) -- a willful beauty Elisa Maza (Gargoyles TV series) -- a judicious beauty Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) -- a passionate beauty Fox (Gargoyles TV series) -- a powerful beauty Giselle (Enchanted) -- an optimistic beauty Helga Sinclair (Atlantis: The Lost Empire) -- a sultry beauty Jane Porter (Tarzan) -- a cultured beauty Jasmine (Aladdin) -- an independent beauty Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) -- a sensuous beauty Kayley (Quest for Camelot) -- an enthusiastic beauty Kidagakash (Atlantis: The Lost Empire) -- an dutiful beauty Lilo Pelekai (Lilo and Stitch) -- an eccentric beauty Marina (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas) -- an honourable beauty Megara (Hercules) -- a sassy beauty Miriam (The Prince of Egypt) -- a faithful beauty Molly Grue (The Last Unicorn) -- a tough beauty Mulan (Mulan) -- a resolute beauty Nakoma (Pocahontas) -- a traditional beauty Nani Pelekai (Lilo and Stitch) -- a dedicated beauty Odette (The Swan Princess) -- a regal beauty Pocahontas (Pocahontas) -- a spiritual beauty Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves) -- an innocent beauty Sophie (Anastasia) -- a cheerful beauty Sprite (Fantasia 2000) -- a natural beauty Thumbelina (Thumbelina) -- a hopeful beauty Tiger Lily (Peter Pan) -- a daring beauty Tinker Bell (Peter Pan) -- a mischievous beauty Tzipporah (The Prince of Egypt) -- a feisty beauty Wendy (Peter Pan) -- a maternal beauty
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!