I am still a beauty!
So, it's another year, and I would like to see if the new year brought a new beauty. :)
1. Name: Jenni
2. Age (no one under 13, please): 20.
3. Location: I currently live in Ohio due to college. Who knows after that?
4. Three positive adjectives to describe yourself: Optimistic, caring, and colorful.
5. Three negative adjectives to describe yourself: Forgetful, clumsy, Always doubts myself.
<b>6. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go, and why?:</b> Scotland. I went once when I was child, and I fell in love. The people are always kind, and the landscape is just breathtaking! I feel like I could forget myself in the landscape alone. Besides, who wouldn’t want to live where fairytales were created?
<b>7. Describe your relationship with love:</b> Love always eluded me. I feared I would be the cat lady growing up, because I felt like no body wanted me. (I know, I was a dramatic highschooler.) However, when I attended college, I found myself falling deeply in love (unknowingly) with a boy I had met only once. I felt things clicked between us, even though it was months until we ever talked again. We fell madly in love, and my friends told me not to fall so hard as it was my first serious relationship and was doomed to fail. Two years later, I am now engaged to that wonderful man, and have come to realize that only I can understand the love I feel, and it has kept me going ever since.
<b>8. Favourite three books:</b> I love literature, as it is part of my major, which makes this difficult for me. I would have to say 1. Daughter of the Forest. Based of old Irish-folklore. The main character’s brothers were all turned into swans, and In order for them to change back, the character had to make these shirts for them out of a prickly weed, and must do so in complete silence.
2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. This book at first was annoying, and I couldn’t wait until it was over. However the ending took and unexpected ending, which had me going ‘what?!?’ at the end, pretending it didn’t really happen. The end was so tragic, even though the book’s subject itself is tragic.
3. The Wedding. So, I had to include at least one romance novel. :)
9. Favourite three movies (excluding animated films): I love the medieval times, so my favorite movies include A Knights Tale, The Princess of thieves, and finally, center stage. I was a cheerleader and a dancer for many years, and in doing so also ended up with an eating disorder. While that is not the only theme in the movie, I still feel really connected to it.
10. What is the meaning/significance/derivation of your username?: When I was in highschool, I was reading the novel wicked, and found myself connecting with elphaba. Not only was the question of her ‘wickedness’ brought up, but she was advocate for equality. Then, the play was created, and I went. Loved it. And ever since… it was history.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself or your life, what would it be?:I wish I were skinnier. Not because of love, or acceptance, but because I’m tired of it. When I was active, I felt better. Now that I’m doing mostly just school, I feel sick that I’m not doing much. I am working out, and watching what I eat, but my efforts has caused me to lose nothing. I am trying to do this the healthy way and not resort back to bulimia, but when I don’t see the results, it difficult not to want to.
12. Why do you love animated movies? Well, for one, I could never draw. I am not artistic, and the fact that these people can make such beautiful characters and scenery is beyond me. Second, it helps me to lose myself in their world. I feel more connected to characters in animated movies than real-life. Maybe because this brings me back to my childhood?
13. Anything else we should know?: Well, random facts about me, to help you. I own a cat named puppy, and a puppy named rusty. (One was adopted through Angels for Animals, a no-kill rescue shelter, and the other was a stray we saved.)
I play the flute and piccolo, and am in the honorary sorority for band. I am also in a social sorority who’s philanthropy is to help children. I am in school to be a teacher, and I currently work at Borders.
<b>15. Please provide the links to at least three votes you've cast on other applications:</b> I’m already a member and have been stamped. However if you look around, you will see I have commented on most of the applications. :)
my original application.